1. What does Life Interwoven sell?
Sustainable homewares, kitchenwares and lifestyles such as placemats, table runners, ceramics ranges, lady bags, scarves.
2. Who are your products for?
People who love sustainable, eco friendly, natural products. People who want to support and empower disadvantaged women in Thailand and children in Cambodia.
3. Why do you do this?
We aim to assist disadvantaged children in SE Asia to get an education. We also aim to support women from villages, women’s cooperatives and small artisans. This provides them with employment and a means to continue traditional and artistic techniques.
4. What did you do before this?
Full-time employee in corporates.
5. What’s the best thing about running Life Interwoven?
Seeing villagers, artisans and children benefit from the project.
6. What’s the worst thing about running your business?
When you can’t help as much as you want.
7. What advice would you give someone wanting to start a social enterprise?
You must have passion, be resilient, love challenges and be flexible.
This article first appeared in our monthly newsletter The Gazette. Sign up here and never again miss your monthly dose of good stuff.