1. What do you sell Phil?
The Big Issue magazine and The Big Issue calendar.
2. Who are your products for?
There is something for everyone. Our content is lively, informative and cheeky. You can find vendor stories, celebrity profiles, culture, commentary, recipes and more.
3. Why do you do this?
I enjoy it as I love mixing with people, getting out and about and having fun. It also helps me pay for everyday things like transport, coffee and this and that.
4. What did you do before this?
I delivered newspapers and junk mail.
5. What’s the best thing about running your Big Issue pitch?
There’s lots of freedom. I have the freedom to work the hours I want, to book a pitch [selling location] where I want, and choose how many magazines I want to sell. I also love decorating my pitch.
6. What’s the worst thing about running your Big Issue pitch?
I need to be conscious about security on the street.
7. What advice would you give someone wanting to become a micro entrepreneur?
Find all the all information you can, make sure you’re comfortable, do lots of research, take different advice from different people, try different things, ask for help.
This article first appeared in our monthly newsletter The Gazette. Sign up here and never again miss your monthly dose of good stuff.